Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Post About Nothing

Putting this room together gave me a headache. You may remember my rant about the thousands of coats of blue paint it took to cover the walls properly? In person, the blue is a shade lighter than what it seems in the pictures. I have a few more Disney prints to make and some pictures to add. When Hurricane outgrows his Packers jersey, I'm putting it in a shadow box and hanging it on the wall opposite the bat case. His bed is the kind that you can eventually flip so that he'll have this great space underneath where he sleeps to play.
I know it's hard to see but there is a little desk and rocking chair in the corner by the bed. It's the perfect size for him, but I realized tonight that by the time he's really ready to use it, he'll probably have outgrown it!




Also? See the dresser top? Note the Weeble?

See the train table? I put that together. In fact, I put it together and only lost a very small amount of blood when the screwdriver slipped and I stabbed myself in the knee.
And the train set? It was supposed to be a hundred piece set but they lied. I think it's on the company stationary We lie!! Because I had to put that thing together, including building the airport and roundabout, and so on and there was a hella lot of pieces. Enough that putting it all together took me 4 hours and 23 minutes.

We are never taking that thing apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm digging that clock! GMan has one in his room too. Go Pack Go! (Sorry, Mrs. X.)

Mrs.X said...

But what doesn't show up clearly is the Brett Favre autographed football on that one shelf.....

It was a trade off since I refused the shiny bright green packers bedding and made him settle for the denim packer's one instead. And a deal that there would be no more until he's old enough to ask for it.