Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blackouts

Last night I was typing out my entry and I was really into it and it was long and then the power went out and I lost everything. Irony? I had just been typing how frustrating it is that I can't highlight and copy everything I right so that if I lose it when I try to publish or save as draft I can just paste it back in. I was steamed!
Plus, I can't sleep when it's quiet. I know this sounds odd, but it's too loud! I hear every creak and step and it keeps me up. To make it just that much better, our fire alarm kept beeping and it's a shrill beep. Ours are hardwired and I guess the backup battery was bad. I tried to ignore it. I tried to stop it (barstool wasn't tall enough for me to reach it). I even tried talking to it.
*beep*

Can you just save that for later because I'm trying to sleep?

*beep*

Come on, you're loud. You're going to wake up Baby X (because I figured maybe it didn't like me since I was always setting it off while cooking but it couldn't have anything against Baby X, right?).

*beep*

If you stop beeping, I'll make Mr X put in some uber-expensive top of the line battery.

*beep*

You are mocking me.

*beep*

You've been talking to the laundry room haven't you?

*beep*

Forget what he told you. We worked it out, I learned my lesson. Please stop.

*beep*

I hate you.

*beep*

I did finally fall asleep about 2 hours later. 20 minutes later the power came back on and woke me up.


I'll try to get the entry I was working on up later today.

No comments: